This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WardrobeSolutions #CollectiveBias
I’ve been sharing an ongoing sorority recruitment series here on Hannah With a Camera. Click here to read more posts about recruitment and sorority life, or comment below if you want to see a specific post on the blog!
In the third part of my Sorority Recruitment 101 posts, I’m showing every girl going through recruitment this fall the survival kit they need to have to stay sane and polished during sorority recruitment! I’m the kind of girl that’s always overprepared for new things, so if you’re the same way then this is the guide for you.
I got this monogrammed clutch from my graduation party, but you can find similar ones online if you want it for yourself. Below I have all the essentials (that can all be found at Target!) for a recruitment survival kit.
- A mini bottle of lotion You can find these just about anywhere, and they can multitask for just about anything. I’ve used this for frizzy hair/flyaways, getting rid of staticky clothes, and even for a subtle perfume. Most of the time, girls are advised not to wear perfume during recruitment because it can be overwhelming to have 80 girls packed in a room all wearing their ‘signature scents.’
- Bobby pins You know the drill. If you can actually find these in your room in the first place, these are handy to have.
- Lip balm Even if you’re not a lipstick girl, just swipe on some lip balm or chapstick. You’ll thank me later after talking for hours on end.
- Hairbrush My recruitment week ended up pouring one day, being super windy another, and way too hot the rest of the week. This saved me from looking like a mess at the end of the day! (P.S. This won’t fit in your bag, but throw in a small umbrella just in case. It never hurts to carry it around!)
- Lipstick I’ve been using this sheer lip crayon all summer for the perfect hint of pink.
- Pens Having one or two in your purse will be essential for number 12…
- Granola bar The rounds in the first couple days of recruitment go by fast. If you have a small snack to hold you over until lunch or dinner, then you won’t have to concentrate on how hungry you are the whole time you’re talking to a girl.
- Mints Most likely your recruitment counselors will have a ton of these on hand, but having one of these needs no explanation.
- Scotch-Brite™ Lint Roller I have two dogs at home, and I found myself with stray hairs on my clothes all the time (even when I hadn’t been home in a month). This is easy to just pop in your bag and to have on hand as a ‘just in case’ item.
- Powder/oil blotting sheets If you’re going through recruitment in August, the summer heat is still something to tackle. These will help you retouch your face if needed.
- Scotch™ Essentials Permanent Hem Bonding Strips These are new to me but I’ve learned that these are actually perfect to use for recruitment. If you find the perfect dress that is just a little too long, you can easily hem it with this sticky tape.
- Notebook This small notebook is one of the best things you can have during recruitment. After every round, write down a small note about what you liked about it–what the girl was wearing, something that made the women of the sorority stand out. This will help you preference every sorority at the end of the day after you’ve gone through over 12 rounds or more.
- Scotch™ Essentials White Mark Eraser We all have those moments when you’re in a hurry and swipe deodorant on..then find out it’s all over your shirt. All you have to do is just swipe this eraser onto the deodorant marks and they’re gone in seconds.
- Medicine I have this small container with a couple ibuprofen just in case for headaches.
- Scotch™ Essentials Adjustable Hem Tape Picture this: You just bought the perfect dress for recruitment but you’re trying on again the morning of..only to find out that you’ll be tripping on the hem if you try to wear that dress in heels. Adjustable hem tape is a great option for quick and easy adjustments the morning of!
The Scotch Essentials brand can be hard to find in Target, so here’s a display of the aisle. You’ll find it in the closet aisle by the sewing machines, irons, etc.
Are you going through sorority recruitment this fall? Let me know what’ll be in your essentials kit!