While attempting to write this recipe, I realized something very important: my mom has way too many recipes in her head that I’ve never tried to make–and that aren’t written down. This marks the beginning of an attempt to compile all my family’s favorite eats into a place I’ll be able to find in the future (the internet). That being said, I’m not a professional anything, and I don’t claim to know all that’s going on with this recipe. If you have questions, ask, but this is the kind of recipe that requires “a pinch of this” or a “pinch of that.”
This has been in my family for a while and it’s a staple at family get-togethers. I’ve seen my mom make this treat several times, but this is the first time I’ve watched with the intent of learning the recipe for myself. However, this new recipe contains a fun twist to break up the boredom: a Nestlé® Crunch® topping. (P.S. Read all the way to the bottom to see a special giveaway!)
The best part about these truffles is that they’re easy to store and a treat that you can take on the go. I keep them in my dorm room mini-fridge right now and can pop a bite-sized piece in my mouth as a simple way to add a little joy to my mundane class routine. As a college student living a five-minute walk to my dining hall, I have to resist eating unhealthy foods all the time! But Nestlé® Crunch® is the perfect dessert for me, seeing as it’s made with real milk chocolate and no artificial colors or flavors. The mini bars are great to tuck in my backpack or even slip in a friend’s backpack as a small treat to make them smile.
There are several different ways you can break up the boredom in your life: by liking Nestlé® Crunch® on Facebook, posting a photo to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #LifeHackToBoredom, or by making your own Nestlé® Crunch® truffles!
Start by crumbling the package of cookies in a food processor. Afterwards, combine with cream cheese and stir well.
Once you’ve chilled the mixture, form the mix into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Start melting the chocolate using the double boiler method. While the chocolate melts, begin chopping up the Nestlé® Crunch® bars for your topping!
Once the chocolate is completely melted, begin dipping the balls into the chocolate. Make sure they’re completely covered.
Have a friend to help you put the topping on as quickly as possible before the chocolate sets.
Place the truffles back into the fridge to cool and harden. While you’re waiting, lick the spoon and have another Nestlé® Crunch® while you’re at it 🙂
Now you have the perfect on-the-go treat!
-one block (4oz) of cream cheese
-one package of chocolate wafer cookies
-one package (12oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips
-5 mini Nestlé® Crunch® bars
1) Place the chocolate wafer cookies in a food processor until finely crumbled.
2) Stir in one block of cream cheese and combine well.
3) Chill the mixture for about 45 minutes to an hour.
4) Form golf-ball sized balls from the mixture with your fingers, making sure the balls stick together. If the cream cheese was mixed in properly then it should work fine.
5) Start boiling water using the double-boiler method with two pots (water in the bottom, nothing on top)
6) Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
7) Place balls back in fridge while water heats up.
8) Once the water is boiling, pour the chocolate chips in the top pot. Watch carefully to make sure there is no burning.
9) After the chocolate is fully melted, use two spoons to hold a ball in between them, then dunk in the chocolate. Don’t worry about making them look perfect, it all tastes the same 🙂
10) After covering a ball with chocolate, apply the Nestlé® Crunch® topping. It works better to have two people doing this at once because the topping sticks better right after the chocolate is applied.
11) Let the balls set in the fridge.
12) Once set, enjoy! Store these in the fridge until ready to be eaten.
Below I’m giving away $20. You can use this to break up the monotony in your own life! Click the link below to enter.